As August gets ready to roll in, it's time to start thinking about getting kids back to school: five year olds need pencil pouches, safety scissors, backpacks, your high schooler needs new clothes, notebooks and a scientific calculator, and that tall eighteen year old eating everything in your fridge is going to need things for his dorm.
Besides thinking of what to get your own kids, it's time to be thinking about what to do in your Etsy shop to prepare for back to school. Is there a better way to prep than a contest? I think not.
Your task is to create something relates to back to school for any age group. According to Etsy's Merchandising Report for August these are the things to be thinking about, "College dorm room, organizational essentials, gadget and computer accessories, notebooks, writing utensils, cases, book bags, backpacks, satchels, lunch carriers, and fall fashion."
Some more ideas for Back-to-School items:
-writeable surfaces for dorm doors
-party supplies (don't pretend you don't know that college students do this)
-bedding for twin beds
2. You must tag your entry items with the tag Back2School so that we can find them
3. Your item may be vintage or handmade and must abide by Etsy's TOUs
4. You may enter as many times as you would like
5. Your item must be listed by August 26th at midnight in your time zone
6. Your entry is not valid if it is inactive or sold, so make sure you relist if it sells.
The top 10 entries will be selected on the 27th and voting will be open until September 2nd for a winner.
If you are an AAG member and would like to donate a prize for the winner's package, please contact TuckooandMooCow. Prizes can be anything you'd like and do not have to come from your shop or be handmade.