Thursday, April 26, 2012

In Progress

It's always nice as a customer or fan to see something in progress. I forget this sometimes as the artist, though, and forget to take pictures along the way.


For the last several months, I've been working hard to remind myself that the steps are often just as interesting as the finished piece, so I keep my camera handy for snapping some shots.



Seeing these "in progress" shots helps customers and fans really see what goes into making that oh-so-special piece they have. It also helps them really see that, yes, this is really handmade!


Don't forget to share your "in progress" moments with your fans sometimes too!


**All of the above pieces can be found at TuckooandMooCow's Etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing in-progress shots! I like how you have all of these lined up so it's super easy to follow the progression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder! I soo need to do that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great glimpse into your process, SL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh I loooove to see this photos! I do this myself a lot... and for the custome orders I always do it for the client to enjoy the creation of their doll or collage, specially since they kind of design it along with me so it becomes a very personal piece! :D

    ReplyDelete