Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Challenge Results! Part 1

I have to say that the most exciting part of heading up this team challenge has been getting the results in!  I am always so blown away by the talent of this team, so to see them work with different materials and in different mediums has been pretty incredible! 

First up - Sewingseed!  Tina is a very talented cross-stitcher and creator of wonderful cross-stitch patterns, so it was fun to see what she would make with supplies from Laura at Le Animale, creator of wonderful animal totems!  Tina received some little gems that were incorporated in to this lovely hoop wall hanging!

She wrote a whole blog post about it, so you can head over and read all about it!  She has links to some awesome tutorials in her post too in case you want to learn how to make these cool flowers!






Next comes Michelle of Calamari Studio who received cross stitch supplies from Tina above! 

This is what Michelle had to say about the challenge!

"I received my supplies from Tina of Sewing Seed, which consisted of a cross stitch kit with material, thread, a needle and a button. 

I'd never cross stitched before, but I've always wanted to give it try, so this became the perfect motivation to figure it out. I decided that I was going to cross stitch a quote from one of my and my husband's favorite shows.

After all was said and done, I definitely have to say that I still have a lot to learn. There were a lot of knotted thread issues when I decided to use way too long thread, I was constantly loosing track of how many spaces I'd decided there was going to be between letters and words, and I'm pretty sure it took me twice as long as it needed to because I had no idea what I was doing, ha ha. However, my husband loves it, and it was lots of fun!"

I think Michelle did an amazing job!!





I'll bring you some more next time!!  This is so much fun!!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love what you came up with, Michelle! This was such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I had already seen Tina's (which I love) and what a great first cross stitch, Michele! Mine would have looked much worse... and probably after many tries, haha. What show is the quote from, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina your project turned out so darling!
    Jocelyn, I doubt that, but you also don't know how many times I had to start over and cut out a stitch I royally screwed up, ha ha. It's an obscure quote from Futurama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! I love how the little jewels are incorporated into yours, Tina. Michele's cross-stitch is super cute! I think it turned out really good! I'd never have guessed that this was a first try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome job, ladies! seriously, michelle - are you SURE you've never cross stitched before?!

    ReplyDelete